We invest a lot of time in finding the right pair of eyeglasses and also look for the right shape of it a frame, in a pattern or color that perfectly expresses them. Some patiently wait for the lenses to be fitted and for that call telling you that their new eyeglasses are ready for pick up. For some people, eyeglasses can be a pain to care for, and these glasses should be cleaned regularly. In doing this, you can buy a special machine washable microfiber cleaning cloth from your optometrist that traps dust and dirt. They may give you one with your new eyeglasses. Cleaning cloth can be useful in wiping away minor dirt, dust, and fingerprints, but washing them your glasses is recommended when they have grease or grime on the lens surface or are very dirty.
- Proper way to wash eyeglasses
When washing your glasses, you should use a small amount of hand soap or gentle detergent to clean your lenses using your fingertips. And once you have washed the lenses, rinse them using luke-warm water, then pat dry with a soft tissue then clean them with your special micro fibre cloth. You optometrist can show you how to do this.
- How often should eyeglasses be clean?
You can clean your eyeglasses regularly to make sure you are seeing very well. Be careful not to rub your lenses. And once they are washed, they only need to be wiped dry gently with your special cleaning cloth.
- Always take them off using two hands, instead of one. This keeps the earpieces straight and I the right alignment. But taking them off one-handed will stretches them out and makes them loose.
- Avoid pushing them up on your nose by sticking your fingertips on the nosepiece if they’re wire-framed. Because this can cause stress on the center part of the frame, and the nose pads, and if they’re any color but silver, it wears the finish off them. This can be very conspicuous at the spot. Instead, grasp the lenses by putting your thumb on the bottom and fingers at the top, and then place them to where you want them to sit on your face.
- Remember not to put your glasses the top of your head. It can distort the shape, and also there’s a greater chance of them falling off and getting damaged that way. To prevent falling off of your eyeglasses, you may option to attach cordones para gafas on it to avoid some future damage.
- You can also use a prepared solution to dissolve any spots. Buy some glasses lens cleaning spray, available from the same places. Just spray a small amount on both sides of each lens, and repeat the above.
- You can also buy an eyeglasses repair kit. These kits are available at the counter of some major drugstores, markets, optometrist’s offices, and eyeglass vendors. Sometimes screws that hold the arms on can come loose, which prevents the arm on can come loose, which prevents the arm from grasp tightly on the side of your head as well. You can either get a tiny screwdriver and tighten them by yourself or you may also visit your optometrist and have them do it for you.