Choosing the right eyeglasses doesn’t only mean choosing what optic grade does your eyes have. It is also getting the right eyeglass frame that will look great on you. Whether you wear it with a beautiful cordon gafas or with a shocking color eyeglass frame, choosing the proper eyeglasses that suit your face shape is important.
When getting eyeglasses, you could try on every eyeglass available in the optical store for you to find out how each one looks when you wear it, Narrowing down your choices in time can save you a lot of time and exacerbation. You just need to determine your face shape, and coloring to understand which eyeglass colors and frame styles would look best on your face.
Here are the things to consider when choosing the right eyeglass frame that bests for your face shape:
- Diamond face shape. This face shape is usually narrow at the jaw line and eye, and have broad cheekbones that may be high and totally dramatic. To soften the cheekbones and highlight the eyes, you can try eyeglass frames that have some detailing or distinctive brow lines, or you can even try some rimless frames or an oval and cat-eye-shapes style.
- Oblong face shape. This type of face shape is longer than it’s wide and has a long straight cheek line and sometimes a longish type of nose. To make your oblong face shape appear a bit shorter and more balanced as much as possible, you can try frames that have more depth than width, contrasting or decorative temples that add width to the face, or a low bridge type of shortening your nose appearance.
- Square face. This type of face shape has a strong jaw line and a broad forehead, plus the length and width are in the same proportions. To make your square face soften the angles and look longer, choose narrow frame styles and other frames that have more depth and width, and narrow ovals.
- Round face shape. This type of face shape has curved lines with the length and width in the same proportions and no it has no angles. To make your round face appear longer and thinner, you can choose angular narrow eyeglass frames to lengthen your face, a clear bridge that will widen your eyes, and the frames that are wider than they are deep, such as rectangular shape kind.
- Base-up triangle face shape. This type of face shape usually has a very wide top third and small bottom third. For you to minimize the width of the top of your face, choose frames that are wider at the bottom, rimless frame styles, very light colors and materials.
For most people, one of the most important thing in choosing the right eyeglasses is how it looks on their faces because there are eyeglasses that look awful in a diamond-shaped face, while another eyeglass shape looks great in an oval-shaped face. There are many things to look out for in choosing the right eyeglass shape for you, so picking the one that you think looks cute is not always good as you wear it.