Babies have the most sensitive skin in the world. This is due to their immune systems that are not properly working and skin that are soft and delicate. Another thing about babies is that they can be easily irritated, from the food that they eat to the clothes that they wear. They can become a fussy little angel and one sure fire way that will get them screaming is to put them in uncomfortable clothes. There are a lot of cute ropa bebe online that can be bought, but to make sure that you will not be in the middle of a screaming fit here are some of the ways to help you buy the right clothes for your baby.
- Make sure that you checked the seams – when it comes to baby clothes, the seams of their clothes should be smooth and lying flat. Before you buy a certain garment, make sure that you carefully checked the seams inside. Turn the garment inside out to be able to have a good look on the inside of the clothing. You can also put your hands inside to have a feel of the garment. This way you will be able to feel any scratches or poking that the seams may do to your baby’s skin.
- Avoid picking clothes with tight elastic – tight elastic bands at the legs, arms, waist and neck can be irritating. This is in particular to your baby’s sensitive skin, it will not only cut the blood circulation of the baby but will also be uncomfortable to use. Buying clothes can be tough especially if you are buying baby clothes. Most of the times, parents accidentally bought clothes that are too tight for their baby. The best thing one can do is to make a gentle tug on the elastic area of the garment to know on how much it will give. If the elastic gives a lot of stretches, you can be assured that enough room for growing is feasible.
- Avoid buying scratchy clothes – consider the metal zipper, appliqués and snaps with uneven or rough backings before buying. This can create scratch that will not only irritate your baby’s skin but will also cause of small wounds. It is highly important to check and double check backings for rough edges especially as baby clothes nowadays are created with appliqués. Never be fooled on believing that the backing will soften up after a few washing – it never did.
- Look for possible choking hazards – anything can be accidentally put in the mouth and result to choking. Look for clothes that have a plain design or do not include sequins and button that may possibly be chucked off and eaten by babies. if you cannot resist buying clothes that are peppered with buttons or other small items, give it a quick thug to ensure that it is safely stick on the clothes.
- Consider the fabric content – always check the label of the clothes you are about to buy. Though natural fabrics are great for baby’s sensitive skin, it is not at all a practical choice as it can shrink up to 10 percent in the first wash.